As we had said on our previous Basic Kitchen Remodel article, the kitchen is the natural choice for a renovation project since it is typically the centerpiece for every home. It’s where families gather. So many memories are created with family and friends in this area. Creating a space that will facilitate these memories and the people you love most should be the goal with a major kitchen remodel.
Often times with older homes, you may need to open walls or combine rooms to give you enough room for your kitchen and great room to have an open feel. This will obviously increase your budget because demo and potentially framing, drywall, electrical or plumbing could be required depending on location of these things.
The kitchen remodel should give you at least a 60-80% return on your investment ROI assuming you stick with finishes that most people want which means you are sticking with common trends. If your home has old charm consider keeping a few original elements and mixing old with new. That can create a custom feel. For a major kitchen remodel expect to spend between $50,000 to $70,000 depending on size of kitchen and the materials you choose.
Here is a list of items you can expect to get updated with this budget:
- Project Management
- Design Consultation
- Demo, Dump & Clean-up
- Drywall patch and repair
- Painting ceiling and walls. Two color with flat paint on ceiling and satin on walls.
- Shaker Style Cabinets (painted or stained options) 32-42 inch uppers with crown molding, soft close, pulls on drawers and cabinet doors. Up to 3 cabinet door options glass for ascent with glass shelves
- Granite or quartz countertop (select from builder option) *includes island up to 4×8 feet.
- Tile backsplash (select from builder options)
- Appliances: stove/oven, micro, hood vent, dishwasher and refrigerator – up to $10,000 budget
- Tile or Laminate flooring (select from builder options)
- Trim Electrical: New plugs and switches and up to 3 can lights and 3 sconce lights, under cabinet lights (select from builder options)
- Trim Plumbing: Install new faucet, install dishwasher, hookup water for refrigerator
- Trim Carpenter: Includes new base and window wrap – pre-painted trim
We offer different kitchen packages and list the prices for each along with that is included in each type of kitchen remodel. To find out more about what our different kitchen packages head to our Services page. We’d love to partner with you in creating your dream kitchen!